I am focussed on bringing you visible, tangible results.
I am a trusted business professional known for driving improvement initiatives and delivering results with integrity. I am described by colleagues from many parts of the globe as strong, committed, high energy, and passionate about adding value.
• Skilled at developing and executing
detailed implementation plans that ensure the desired results are achieved and
• Highly process oriented, systematic and analytical.
• Focused on understanding and addressing the root causes of inefficiencies.
• Adept at assembling, training, and leading highly effective multicultural and
• Skilled at planning and facilitating work shops with participants of differing opinions.
I am an approved CME SMART Program Service Provider.
Over 25 years of industry experience.
• MBA specializing in Marketing
• Chartered Professional Accountant, CA
• Honors Bachelor of Commerce Degree
• Completed Mahler Advanced Management Program
• Completed Management Program by IFL, Swedish
• Completed Senior Management Program, IMD Switzerland
• 16 years at a global mining and construction supplier
• 3 years at an EPCM contractor on a mine site
• 1 year at a general contractor specializing in hydro dams
• 3 years at a university
• 4 years at a public accounting firm
Roles & Accomplishments
President, Market Area Americas, Construction (Sandvik)
Created & implemented sales area structure across the Americas, filled key management positions, set the strategy & targets leaving the business poised to maximize sales & profitability.
Global Task Force Leader, Net Working Capital (Sandvik)
Analyzed the situation, determined the root causes of the problem, & led a team to execute a program globally that reduced net working capital by approximately $1 billion USD in one year, surpassing targets.
Vice-President, Business Infrastructure (Sandvik)
Developed & implemented common systems, tools & processes, enabling the delivery of parts & services on a consistent, world class basis, to all customers across North America.
Vice-President, Finance (Sandvik)
Provided financial expertise, identified, analyzed & assessed the financial impact of business alternatives & new opportunities.
Project Controls & Services Manager (H.A. Simons, now Amec)
Managed all project cost control, accounting, financial reporting, estimating & scheduling. This $300 million mine development project, executed over 3 years was completed on budget & ahead of schedule.
Business School Instructor (Laurentian University)
Taught marketing, auditing & accounting to University students in the Business program.
Controller (P.B. Rombough)
Managed financial & controller functions.
External Auditor (KPMG)
Conducted external audits.
Global Compliance Operations Manager (Sandvik)
Established & trained anti-bribery & corruption compliance professionals around the globe, set up & implimented processes & completed the due diligence of approximately 2000 third parties.